This crystallized powder is the perfect abrasive because it is surpassed in hardness only by a diamond and is a block shaped, sharp edged crystal. When found in nature, the pure, transparent or translucent corundum is prized as a gem.
- Three grit sizes available: 90 Grit (Normal), 100 Grit (Aggressive), and 120 Grit (Fast Cut)
- Completely sealed and self contained capsule
- Crystal flow control valve located on top of the capsule
- User friendly, simply attach capsule to the microdermabrasion machine and insert the tubing
- Top half is pre-filled with approximately 1.5lbs. of Aluminum Oxide crystals (enough for 7-9 procedures, depending on individual usage)
- Built-in waste compartment in bottom half of the capsule collects the used abrading crystals
- Fully disposable; when the crystal supply is exhausted, simply unplug the capsule from the machine and throw it away
Grit Guide for Aluminum Oxide Crystals
120 Grit (Normal)
Developed for all skin types. Great for general polishing of the skin. Also used for sensitive skin and older, thin skinned patients that bruise easily.
100 Grit (Aggressive)
Used on most skin types except for sensitive skin. You can start the patient with NORMAL 120 Grit and increase to AGGRESSIVE 100 Grit as needed. Provides a slightly deeper abrasion than the Normal 120 Grit and is the most commonly used of the three crystals.
90 Grit (Fast Cut)
The most abrasive of the three crystals offered. Used on thick, oily skin types, acne scarring, stretch marks, scar revision and other areas requiring deeper abrasion. Prior to the procedure, and evaluation of the skin will determine which crystal size is more beneficial. When you are unsure how the patient will tolerate the treatment, always start with NORMAL 120 Grit.
Note: This mineral compound should not be confused with Aluminum (Al) or products made from Aluminum (Al) or the potential health risks that me be associated with Aluminum (Al) during topical skin treatments or by ingestion. This product contains no Aluminum.